Sports massage is the practice and treatment of soft tissue manipulation with physical, functional, and in some cases psychological purposes and goals. Target tissues may include muscles, tendons, ligaments as well as lymphatic vessels. Massage involves acting on and manipulating the client’s muscles with pressure, tension, and motion through manual hand’s on techniques applied with the hands, fingers, elbows and forearm.
Our sports massage service at Allen Physiotherapy is based on a 45 minute session.
Who is sports massage for?
- The elite and general sports person
- Those suffering with stress, tension or tightness
- Any presence of a soft tissue injury
How can it benefit you?
- Pre & post event/race treatment
- To assist training demands and improve recovery from training sessions
- Prevention of soft tissue injuries
- Relief of muscular tightness and tension
- Relaxation and stress relief
If you would like to enquire about our sports massage services then please contact us and our reception team on 01483 571783 .